Where Food Speaks With Your Palate

One experiences a deep sense of warmth upon entering a cafe. A delicious smell of coffee and the crunch of food envelopes the being, as one takes in the natural light, filtering in through large bay windows, sketching patterns on the walls. The culture of cafes in increasing in our country today. This is because it is aspirational, it is an experience to enjoy and savour or a meeting place to meet your colleagues or carry out a business meeting.



a       Diggin – I went to this place on a sunny winter afternoon with a friend of mine who made me wait for 45 minutes. It is a beautiful place decorated very nicely and also has a photo frame for the photo crazy people as well. All the dishes that I had here were amazing. To name some of them, Risotto, Grilled Vegetables, Chicken Soup and not to forget my all-time favourite Coffee.
If you visit this place, please remember it also has a dog who is always sleeping :) 




b.     Perch Wine and Coffee Bar The best place for a glass of wine and some good food. Go to this place, have any kind of discussion you want to with your friends or colleagues and enjoy the classy ambience in the bylanes of Khan Market
Also, the place offers you coffee sangria, a combination of two of my favourite drinks.


a    The Potbelly Rooftop Cafe A small place on the third floor in the designer ShahpurJat area. A good place to hang out with your friends and enjoy the Bihari food. I remember sitting there for approximately 3 hours with my college friends and ordering nimbu-pani's after every half an hour after filling our stomachs with the tasty food


Music and Mountains Hillside Café: One of my personal favourites in GK. I visited this place for the first time when I got my tattoo done from Devil’s Tattoo. I love the food here along with the wooded setting of this place which actually makes it look like a hillside. Do try their fish and chicken along with the delicious pancakes for dessert.


The list does not end here and Delhi/NCR has a huge list of amazing cafes to offer. I am mentioning a few on my list today.  Some of them I have already visited and some are there on my wish list. Here it goes:
  •       Diggin, Chanakyapuri
  •     Rose Café, Saket
  •     The Potbelly Rooftop Café, ShahpurJat
  •     Imperfecto, Hauz Khas
  •      Blue Tokai Coffee Roasters, Saket
  •     United Coffee House, Connaught Place
  •     Caffe Tonino, Connaught Place
  •     Café Dori, Chattarpur
  •     Nukkad café & Bar, SDA
  •     Café Lota, Pragati Maidan
  •      Perch Wine and Coffee Bar, Khan Market
  •      Music and Mountains – Hillside Café
  •     Coast Café, Hauz Khas Café
  •     Another Fine Day, Golf Course Road
  •     Di Ghent Café, DLF Phase 4
  •     IHOP, Cyber Hub
  •     Roots - Café In the Park, Sector 29, Gurgaon


Next week, I will be back again with some more experiences to share with you all.
Last but not the least, I am loving the scheme of Zomato Gold since I get to try more cafes even if I am on a low budget. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Eat With Your Eyes First

The poor student's guide to mixology

Meals on Wheels